HamiltonJet are strongly committed to the development of our team members
We provide the on the job training required to be able to complete your tasks effectively so you become familiar with the site and our procedures.
Leadership and Development Training
Whether you are in a technical or non-technical role we provide an ongoing Leadership and development Training Program. This program is available to the company's leadership positions through the organisation and provided to successful leadership applicant candidates.
The HamiltonJet Apprentice Scheme gives our Apprentices invaluable knowledge, training and support.
Your Apprenticeship success will offer endless opportunities for a diverse long-term career within HamiltonJet, and may give you opportunities to work here in NZ or across our International base as a service or commissioning engineer.
Apprenticeship training programs usually last up to 4 years. Practical and theory skills are learnt by distance learning, on the job training, in-house product training and off-job polytechnic courses. Your practical skills are developed in our workshops where you will work alongside our qualified Machining Technicians, Fitters and Engineers.
Upon completion of your chosen apprenticeship you will hold one of these National Certificates
- Mechanical Engineering – Fitting/Machining
- Mechanical Engineering – Level 4
- Mechanical Engineering – Level 5
- Welding – Level 4
- Metal Casting (Technology) – Level 4
- and some others
We look for candidates with the following requirements & personal qualities
- Relevant work experience and Polytech pre-employment training is highly regarded
- A minimum of NCEA level 1 having achieved good results in English, Maths and Science
- Strong Mechanical and problem solving aptitude
- Enthusiasm, teamwork and passion in everything you do
- Computer skills
- Full Class 1 driving licence
- Application Process