NZ film-makers and marketing / media graduates
How would you like to travel the world filming jet boats, interviewing customers and helping us promote one of New Zealand’s coolest brands?
I’m regularly told that HamiltonJet are one of New Zealand’s most iconic businesses. Whilst most people in NZ associate us with jet boating on our shallow braided rivers, over 95% of our business is export of much larger jets and control systems to shipbuilders in every corner of the globe. The vast majority of our customers use our products for work: fast-ferries; rescue boats; police; military; fishing; harbour pilots; and off-shore supply. Our water jet technology gives customers unrivalled speed, manoeuvrability, and safe shallow water access. We propel their businesses forwards, constantly innovating to provide the most value from their choice of our jets and controls. This is an exciting time in our long history. We are rapidly developing the future of marine propulsion systems, where vessel autonomy, electrification and digitisation are becoming the norm.
Selling the superiority of our products is about instilling confidence in boat builders, naval architects, owners and operators. This is best done by our existing customers who are often happy to talk about their experiences and show off their vessels. As a thought leader in the industry we also want to educate and inform people on what is possible, particularly as this relates to our future products and services. We are looking for someone to visit customers and vessels to create a variety of videos and related marketing content which tell these stories. These will be used on the web, in presentations and at trade shows to promote our brand and capabilities.
If you think this is you, and you believe you stand out from the crowd then please contact me below. This will be a 1 year fixed-term contract. Salary is negotiable based on work experience, but there is no minimum experience requirement. Talent, personality and attitude are more important.
What we will provide:
- Computing and post processing resources
- Camera and sound equipment
- A 4K drone for aerial footage
- Training in specific aspects of our products and the role
- NZ and overseas country support to arrange customer visits and local logistics
What you will provide:
- A track record of short film-making including camera work, post processing and ideally interviewing
- A relevant educational background, ideally including a qualification in film, media or marketing.
- A high level of creativity and talent
- A willingness to learn and an ability to understand technical products
- An outgoing personality, confident on your own in interviewing and directing people for best results on camera
- A passport, a willingness to travel and a sense of adventure!
How to apply:
Please email me the following before the 14th December at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A current CV.
- A link to one or two examples of your film making work to date.
- A link to a 2-3 minute video of yourself explaining why you are interested and what you feel you would bring to the role.