TECHNICAL SERVICES VACANCIES
- Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
- Mechanical Design Engineer
- Design Draftsperson
- Technical Author
For further information on these roles and expressions of interest please refer to the Talent Hive at www.thetalenthive.co.nz
HamiltonJet are the world leader in water jet propulsion systems and related electronic controls. Whilst we are well known for river-boating in New Zealand, this represents only 2% of today’s business. Our major focus is on much larger, ocean-going work boats, military vessels and passenger services around the globe. We have an 80-year history in the field and the company stands on a foundation of innovation, problem solving and bringing ground breaking products to market.
As part of our refreshed business strategy we are forming a new group to evaluate, demonstrate and validate innovative new product opportunities. The goal will be to lead the industry in the evolving future as digitisation, electrification and autonomy become a part of the marine landscape. The Future Products group will endeavour to incubate a range of product concepts and ideas to a place where commercialisation is possible. Successful demonstration of product concepts, often with real customers will be a primary focus.
We are looking for 4 experienced engineers to join our team, with a variety of skills across multiple disciplines (see below)
All candidates will need:
- Extensive experience in a product development environment. Exposure to all phases through concept, design, prototype, test and commercialisation is highly desirable.
- A first degree in an engineering subject (e.g. mechanical, electrical, software, naval architecture).
- A strong desire to meet ‘real’ customer needs and an to understand them first-hand where possible.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and the ability to effectively engage with internal product stakeholders and suppliers.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work self-sufficiently.
- An enquiring mind and the ability to be inventive, whilst being strongly pragmatic and delivery focussed.
- A strong desire to learn through experimentation and ‘doing’, rather than over-analysis.
Candidates should have experience in several of the following areas:
- Mechanical system design (including experience in hydraulics, fluid dynamics, materials, structures, composites).
- Practical knowledge of manufacturing processes (both for rapid concept demonstration and production).
- Embedded control and related software engineering.
- Power electronics (specifically, motors, actuators and electrical power management).
- Computational engineering analysis (e.g. Matlab, FEA, CFD, etc).
What's on offer:
- Competitive Remuneration (dependent on experience and qualification).
- Great company culture.
- Interesting and challenging work.
- Supportive environment for ongoing professional development.
Apply online or email your LinkedIn Profile or CV to email@example.com
Applications close on the 14th June 2019.